RHINOPLASTY COST FROM $12K PLUS GST ALL INCLUSIVE
Rhinoplasty, commonly referred to as a “nose job,” is a procedure that reshapes or resizes the nose for cosmetic reasons, or to correct a structural problem. It requires aesthetic and functional considerations with the modification of your nasal bone or cartilage. Hence, it demands a certain level of skill to maintain or improve function, a discernment for aesthetics, and a customized approach.
At the Dr. Daood Clinic we commit to provide a rhinoplasty service that is tailored to the unique facial characteristics of each patient. It is our aim to create results that would complement your profile without having to compromise function.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
1. WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT CONDITIONS THAT CAN BE CORRECTED BY A RHINOPLASTY?
• Broken nose
• Structural problems of the nose (due to birth defects or injury)
• Nasal obstruction
2. WHAT ARE THE POSSIBLE CHANGES THAT A SURGEON CAN MAKE TO YOUR NOSE THROUGH A RHINOPLASTY PROCEDURE?
• Change in size
• Change in shape
• Change in angle
• Narrowing of the nostrils
• Reshaping of the tip
• Straightening of the bridge
3. WHAT CAN I EXPECT DURING A CONSULTATION?
During a consultation, your surgeon will discuss whether you are a good candidate for a rhinoplasty. This is also an avenue where you can discuss your needs and expectations about the procedure.
Your surgeon will also examine your medical history and ask you about medical conditions and current medications. Surgeons are likely to recommend against elective surgeries for patients who with a bleeding disorder.
A physical exam will also be performed to closely assess the quality of your skin and determine what kind of changes can be made. The quality of the skin plays an important role in the outcome of the procedure. Individuals with thick skin may not see a significant change in the underlying bone structure after surgery. On the other hand, thin skin almost leaves no cushion to conceal bone irregularities or imperfections.
The surgeon will also order blood tests and other laboratory exams. The results will serve as a clearance on your health, and whether it is safe for you to undergo surgery.
4. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN OPEN AND CLOSE RHINOPLASTY?
An open rhinoplasty involves an incision along the columella which is the under surface of the outer portion of the nose. This generally heals very well with minimal scarring. A close rhinoplasty, on the other hand, involves several incisions made on the interior portion of the nose with no external incision. These two options will be discussed in detail during your consultation.
5. CAN SURGERY THAT WILL CORRECT NASAL BREATHING PROBLEMS BE COMBINED WITH RHINOPLASTY?
Yes, rhinoplasty may be performed at the same time as other nasal surgeries such as a septoplasty (a procedure that can straighten a deviated septum). The aim for rhinoplasty can be solely for aesthetic changes, while a septoplasty will be for functional alterations. This combination is what is referred to as a functional rhinoplasty.
6. WHAT IS THE MINIMUM AGE FOR RHINOPLASTY?
There are some adolescents who are interested in getting a rhinoplasty to change the size or shape of their nose, especially if they are being teased about it. If they want to have it done for cosmetic reasons, it is best to postpone rhinoplasty until the nose has fully developed. This is around age 17-18 for boys and 16 for girls. This is a conversation that younger patients must take with the surgeon and their parents.
7. WHAT CAN I EXPECT AFTER SURGERY?
Patients usually feel fine immediately feel fine after surgery. However, as a precaution, surgeons do not allow their patients to drive themselves home after an operation.
Expect to have some swelling during the first day of surgery. This is your body’s response to the trauma received by the nose. To minimize this, you can elevate your head when lying down to avoid fluid buildup at the surgical site. Swelling and bruising around the eyes is expected during the first few days, but this will start to diminish after about the third day. It is also normal to experience stuffiness and slight bleeding, which varies depending on the extent of the surgery.
8. WHEN CAN I GO BACK TO WORK AFTER SURGERY?
Most people can go back to work in a week. Strenuous activities are not allowed for two to three weeks after surgery to prevent straining the area.
9. WHEN CAN I SEE THE END RESULTS?
The result may take up to 12 months to emerge. Therefore, it is important to be patient and wait before making any decision for further surgery.
10. WHAT ARE THE RISKS INVOLVED WITH A RHINOPLASTY?
Rhinoplasty, or nose surgery, is a common but complex cosmetic procedure. Like all surgical interventions, it does carry some risks, including:
- Bleeding: There may be excessive bleeding during or after surgery. – Infection: Though rare, infections can occur after the surgery.
- Swelling and Bruising: These are common but usually temporary.
- Difficulty Breathing: Changes to the structure of the nose may cause temporary or long-term breathing issues.
- Numbness: There may be a loss of sensation around the nose.
- Scarring: Though surgeons make incisions in discreet locations, scarring is possible.
- Asymmetry: There may be unevenness in the appearance of the nose.
- Need for Revision Surgery: Sometimes, a second procedure may be necessary to achieve the desired result.
- Adverse Reaction to Anesthesia: As with any surgery requiring anesthesia, there is a risk of adverse reactions.
- Changes in Skin Sensation or Discoloration: Some patients might experience alterations in skin feeling or coloration.
It’s important to note that working with a board-certified and experienced surgeon can minimize these risks. A thorough consultation prior to surgery is essential to understand individual risks and expectations.
11. IS THIS PROCEDURE COVERED BY INSURANCE?
No, cosmetic surgeries are not covered by Medicare or insurance.
The Next Step
If you are decided to get a nose job, make the smart decision of choosing the right surgeon to take you along this ride. There are different approaches and aesthetics out there, and it takes one smart and careful decision from you to experience the change that you aim for.
Take that first step in your journey through a consultation with Dr. Daood today and let’s open the doors for discussion.